Supported Operating Systems
Please run Windows Auto Updates to make sure your operating system is up-to-date.
- Windows XP Home/Professional SP2 or later. NOTE: Microsoft will end support for Windows XP in April of 2014. WinFiler will no longer support Windows XP as of December 31, 2014.
- For more information regarding the End of Life for XP, visit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/endofsupport.aspx.
- Windows Server 2003 SP2, Server 2003 R2 (32 bit version)
- Windows Vista Home Basic, Premium, Business, and Ultimate (32 and 64-bit versions)
- Windows Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64-bit versions); Refer to the Known Issue on the Installation Instructions page.
- Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate (32 and 64-bit versions)
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (32 and 64-bit versions)
- Windows Server 2012 (32 and 64-bit versions)
Go to www.Microsoft.com and review the Minimum System Requirements for the operating system you have.
- 400 MHz Pentium Processor or equivalent (1 GHz or faster recommended)
- Minimum 1 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- Minimum 2 GB of free hard disk space (4 GB or more recommended)
- CD-ROM drive 4x minimum (30x or more recommended)
- Printer – Windows Compatible Laser Printer (HP LaserJet 4 or higher recommended)
- An internet connection is needed to use some of the features available in Winfiler and to download program updates. (High-speed connection is recommended.)
The following components are required for Winfiler to run properly. The Winfiler installation will verify the current version and install an updated version if needed. During these component installations you may be required to reboot your computer.
- Windows Installer 4.5 or later*
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later*
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1*
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express R2 SP1*
- Enabling of "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File & Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" is recommended. You will be prompted to enable these network components if they are not detected.
*Indicates that the component is included with installation.
Winfiler for Networks must be installed on a Windows-based computer, although non-Windows networks, such as Novell Networks, are NOT supported by Winfiler. Additionally, virtual networks, terminal services, and Citrix are NOT supported.