Winfiler System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems
Please run Windows Auto Updates to make sure your operating system is up-to-date.
- Windows XP Home/Professional SP2 or later
- Windows Server 2003 SPI or later
- Windows Vista Home Basic, Premium, Business, and Ultimate (32 and 64-bit versions)
- Windows Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64-bit versions); Refer to the Known Issue on the Installation Instructions page.
- Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate (32 and 64-bit versions)
- Windows 8 (32 and 64-bit versions)
Go to www.Microsoft.com and review the Minimum System Requirements for Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008 and Windows 8.
Operating Systems & Networks Not Supported
- Windows 95, 98, ME and NT, and 2000 Professional
- Windows XP Mode in Windows 7
- Windows Server 2000, Small Business Server (SBS)
- Non-Windows networks: Novell Networks, virtual networks, terminal servers, and Citrix
- 400 MHz Pentium Processor or equivalent (1 GHz or faster recommended)
- Minimum 512 MB RAM (1 GB or more recommended)
- 300 MB free hard disk space (1 GB or more recommended)
- CD-ROM drive 4x minimum (30x or more recommended)
- Printer – Windows Compatible Laser Printer (HP LaserJet 4 or higher recommended)
- An internet connection is needed to use some of the features available in Winfiler and to download program updates. (High-speed connection is recommended.)
The following components are required for Winfiler to run properly. The Winfiler installation will verify the current version and install an updated version if needed. During these component installations you may be required to reboot your computer.
- Windows Installer 4.5 or later*
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 SP1 or later*
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1* (requires an additional 500 MB of hard disk space)
- Microsoft Server 2008 Express R2 SP1* (requires an additional 1 GB of hard disk space)
- Enabling of "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File & Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" is recommended. You will be prompted to enable these network components if they are not detected.
*Indicates that the component is included with installation.